Monday isn't always the most welcome or appreciated day of the week but it all comes down to how you start your day and the attitude you carry throughout that can turn it into one of the best days of the week! Trust me when I say I used to dread the upcoming Monday but now it has honestly become my favourite day of the week, it brings new experiences, a fresh start and a chance to have a great week ahead! Starting your day with a healthy breakfast will definitely help with having a more positive day and these following recipes will have you smiling all day long!
First one up is no doubt my favourite of the three! Its sweet, creamy and has summer written all over it.
Peaches & Cream Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen or fresh sweet peaches
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla plant protein (I use the Vanilla Juice Plus Complete)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional but adds a great taste + loads of health benefits)
- 1 medjool date
- handful of raw cashews (adds a nice creaminess)
- blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and enjoy!
The second recipe is a great option for those who have busy mornings and need something quick and easy to go. Its thick, creamy, chocolatey and full of health benefits such as being high in fibre, minerals, whole grains, omega 3's and much more.
Chocolate Almond Butter Overnight Oats
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (use gluten free if needed)
- 2 cups homemade almond milk or any other unsweetened plant milk
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter to top
- dash of cinnamon
- fresh or frozen fruit to top
- Mix all ingredients except the frozen fruit and almond butter together in a jar or bowl and set in the fridge overnight or for at least 1-2 hours to thicken
- Remove the next morning, mix well, top with additional almond milk if too thick as well as fruit and almond butter, enjoy!
This last recipe is a great make ahead on the weekend for a quick on the go breakfast or mid-day snack. I love to even crumble these on top of my smoothie bowls like a granola, so good!
Raw Chocolate Chia Bars
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2.5 cups soft pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp spirulina (optional)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- pinch of himalayan salt
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until a smooth dough forms, may take a while but be patient, it will come together. Once uniform, press into a square baking dish and place into the freezer for 15-20 minutes to set
- Remove from the freezer and cut into granola bar shapes and store back in the freezer once done.
Hopefully these recipes make your monday and remainder of the week more positive, let me know if any of you try them down below.