This recipe right here is one of my weekly go to's when meal prepping for a busy week. It's simple to make and tastes absolutely amazing, not to mention is filled with countless health benefits :)
Chia seeds are one of the highest plant based sources of omega 3 Fatty acids, iron, protein, calcium and fibre. They provide long lasting energy, help your skin glow and will keep you full for a busy day ahead. I try and include chia seeds into my daily routine and this recipe is the perfect way to do that!
All you will need is the following....
Recipe makes 3 servings
- 1 can light coconut milk (look for a BPA free can if possible)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or agave
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Pour the can of coconut milk into a large bowl or jar, add in the remaining ingredients and mix well with a whisk or fork.
- Set in the fridge to thicken, I like to take it out about 5 minutes later and whisk again to avoid any clumps but you don't have to do that.
- Let sit for at least 15-20 minutes until thick
- I like to serve the chia pudding with some fresh or frozen berries and granola but the options are endless.
- Recipe will store for a week in the fridge which makes this recipe great for meal prep, simply portion the chia puddings into 2 or 3 separate jars with a lid and take with you on the go.