This recipe is probably one of the most adaptable recipes out there! So many ways to create your unique twist on it or simply enjoy as is. It only requires a few ingredients but tastes absolutely amazing! Not to mention, is also completely healthy and full of plant based protein, fibre, and minerals.
All you are going to need are the following ingredients...
- 1 red onion
- 1 large carrot
- 2 stalks of fresh kale (can also use spinach)
- 1 can of white kidney beans (no salt)
- 2 large yellow potatoes (preferably organic)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 can cherry tomatoes (no salt)
- 1 tbsp good quality curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley to taste
- Finely chop the onion, carrot, red pepper, chopped potatoes and water sauté until soft and fragrant, add in the curry powder, garlic powder and stir together.
- Add in the canned kidney beans, frozen peas, fresh chopped kale (stem removed), coconut milk, cherry tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook until the potatoes are soft, add in the salt and pepper to taste, an additional squeeze of lemon juice and top with the fresh torn parsley
- Enjoy with a side salad or grains of your choice, this is good with quinoa or brown rice as a side dish.