This smoothie bowl right here has been my latest obsession for the past month. All of the flavours blend so well together and tastes more like a desert rather than a meal! That being said, this bowl is jam-packed with plant based whole food nutrition, antioxidants, fibre and will give you long lasting energy to take on your day.
This recipe is also extremely simple to make for busy mornings or quick post workout fuel. All you will need is the following....
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 scoop vegan chocolate protein powder (I use the chocolate Juice Plus Complete)
- small handful of fresh mint (you can add in however much you like, but a little goes along way)
- 1 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 2 cups coconut water
- 2 tbsp hemp or chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (these create the "chocolate chip" texture)
- Blend all ingredients together in a high powered blender until smooth, the texture should be thick so you can eat it with a spoon, if your blender isn't very strong, you may need to add more liquid to blend.
- Enjoy with your favourite toppings such as chopped fruit, nuts, coconut or granola.