First of all, just a disclaimer, there isn't one type of food or magic drink/tea you can have that will automatically make your body detox and lose a bunch of weight etc.. the reason I call this smoothie a "detox smoothie" is simply because it contains powerful plant based foods such as spirulina, parsley, mint and wild blueberries that naturally support the liver's ability to detox heavy metals, pesticides, and excess hormones out of the body.
That being said, I love to have this smoothie whenever I am feeling a bit run down or need that extra boost of nutrients and hydration for my body. The ingredients are quite simple and offer a wide array of health benefits that will have you glowing from the inside out. This smoothie would also be great to have pre-workout for a quick boost of energy or post workout for fast recovery and absorption.
Now for what you will need....
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- handful of fresh mint
- 1 small piece of parsley (organic if possible)
- 1/2 tsp spirulina
- 2-3 cups coconut water (depending on how thick you like it)
- 2 tbsp hemp or chia seeds
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 medjool date (optional but adds a nice sweetness)
- optional scoop of vegan vanilla protein (I use the vanilla complete from Juice Plus)