This is probably one of the best pizza crust recipes I've ever tried to make! The addition of sweet potato gives the crust a sweet and fluffy texture that tastes incredible paired with your favourite tomato sauce and veggies. This recipe is also gluten free (Just make sure to use certified gluten free oats).
Here's what you will need to make the crust....
- 3 steamed then mashed medium size sweet potatoes
- 2 cups finely ground gluten free oat flour
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia + 3 tbsp water)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Steam then mash the sweet potatoes until smooth, add in all the remains ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine until a smooth dough consistency forms.
- The mixture shouldn't be too sticky, if so add in small amounts of oat flour until a thick dough consistency is reached.
- Roll dough onto a circular pizza pan covered in parchment paper (to ensure it doesn't stick).
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the edged are golden brown. Remove from the oven and top with your choice of tomato sauce and vegetables.
- Place back in the oven for an additional 5-8 minutes or until the veggies are cooked.
- I kept it simple with sauce, vegetables and nutritional yeast but this would also taste great with some vegan cheese on top.